Water is a necessary component of human life. According to Kodoatie (2008), “Water is the source of life. All creatures need water. The availability of water in terms of quality and quantity absolutely necessary “. Actually, the water ecosystem can do ‘rehabilitation’ naturally cause of water pollution. But this has a limit rehabilitation capabilities. Therefore, at least there should be efforts for prevention and control of water pollution. How to solve water pollution can be carried out starting from the introduction and good sense by people’s behavior. How to solve water pollution can be carried out preventive measures, for example by removing food debris and organic material in the trash and do not get thrown in the river. In addition, there are a variety of other actions in addition to preventive measures that we can do, according to the H2O-R. Here are some actions we can do to the public as a way to overcome water pollution, namely:
1. Use water wisely. Reduce water use for activities that are less useful and use the right amount.
2. Reduce the use of detergents. As much as possible choose a detergent that is environmentally friendly and can rapidly decompose in nature.
3. Reduce consumption of harmful chemical drugs. Drugs are dangerous chemicals such as pesticides, and insect repellent liquid is one cause of damage to aquatic ecosystems.
4. Do not use the river for washing cars, trucks, and motorcycles.
5. Do not use the river for bathing rides and farm animals as a toilet.
6. Do not dispose of household waste in the river/lake. Manage your household waste properly and try to plant a tree at the edge of the river/lake.
7. Be aware of the continuity of water supply with no damage or exploit water sources from being contaminated.
8. Optimize the rehabilitation of degraded land that aims to promote the conservation of underground water.
9. Tackling land degradation former waste disposal B3.
Some of the above steps is a way to overcome water pollution is simply to start from ourselves. Actually, not too difficult to solve water pollution when we realize that water is an integral part of life and everyone is obliged to maintain and preserve the aquatic ecosystems.